Sunday, June 29, 2008
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Friday, June 27, 2008
This is GOLD baby!
Just so you guys out there not in the know can be in the know, here is what a distributor will ask for.
1. Digital Betacam NTSC of movie - $140
2. Digital Betacam PAL of movie - $235
3. Digital Betacam NTSC of trailer - $43
4. Digital Betacam PAL of trailer - $95
5. Copyright of picture - $45
6. Copyright of screenplay - ?
7. All release forms (to clear the chain of title)
8. Key Art on CD
9. 50 stills on CD
11. Credit Block
12. 5 DVDs of movie with trailer
13. DVD-R of movie with trailer
14. Music Cue sheet
15. All languages available
16. Dialogue list
17. Short form License Agreement – the contract
18. Notarized Cert of Origin
19. Quality Control report from professional lab of all masters
20. Lab access to pic and sound elements
21. E/O insurance (can be handled by company)
22. Rating cert form MPAA of R (can be handled by company)
Anyway, this becomes like a scavenger hunt, gathering up legal forms and scrapping up the dough for the last few things, the last push before we sign off and let it go for good. I’m still planning on marketing the wazoo out of this up until the release date, but a much more relaxed pace now should be coming up.
Expect to see a boat load of behind the scenes minidocs floating around the web in the coming weeks and months.
ROCK IT OLD SCHOOL