Thursday, March 29, 2012
DROG/BLOG: CLOWN VERSUS MONKEY: Hey Lady! Thanks for the ride...: That's it, moving on to the next scene. - SD
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Thursday, March 22, 2012
DROG/BLOG: CLOWN VERSUS MONKEY: silly straw of death: for monkey extracting - sd
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
DROG/BLOG: CLOWN VERSUS MONKEY: one for the monkey: just added the green monkey, alright goodnight -sd
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Monday, March 19, 2012
DROG/BLOG: CLOWN VERSUS MONKEY: Running Monkey Layers: so in this shot we have five running monkeys, but two are doing their own thing, so I clumped the three that are just speeding ...
so in this shot we have five running monkeys, but two are doing their own thing, so I clumped the three that are just speeding out in the same group, it's all the same actor playing all the monkeys for this scene, Jerry Rickman.
Sunday, March 18, 2012
DROG/BLOG: CLOWN VERSUS MONKEY: The Running Monkey: 1 of 5 running teenager monkeys - sd
Saturday, March 17, 2012
Friday, March 16, 2012
DROG/BLOG: CLOWN VERSUS MONKEY: When Clown Met Monkey: "I'm a forward thinker" - Dr. Monkey SD
All films should have tiny b/w versions of the main character floating beside them. Just a theory of mine - SD
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Friday, March 09, 2012
DROG/BLOG: CLOWN VERSUS MONKEY: Clown Sighting: Beware!: there you go again, with your ha ha has and ho ho hos -sd
Thursday, March 08, 2012
DROG/BLOG: CLOWN VERSUS MONKEY: Getting Busy in Monkey City: The city is filling up with monkeys on the go. -SD
Tuesday, March 06, 2012
DROG/BLOG: CLOWN VERSUS MONKEY: Animating the Razor: no monkey no! -sd
so here's the process
1. think of a razor
2. gather a collection of razor pictures from magazines and internet photo stock sites (be sure to read the usage policies, not all are free)
3. go to art school and get a degree in illustration
4. continue to draw the razor over and over until you know the razor from every angle
5. you will never grow unless you delegate, so take your expert knowledge of razor blade illustration and begin to gather portfolios from other illustrators. Build a pipeline, don't carry a bucket.
6. attend meet ups and industry conferences to schmooze and hob nob with other illustrators that may share a common aesthetic, or who add another layer to "the look" you are trying to achieve for this prop.
7. gather and review portfolios, and don't forget to research sites like deviant art and etsy, the perfect illustrator may live on the other side of the world, with the internet distance is no excuse
8. get a second opinion before settling on your top three. a fresh pair of eyes are crucial
9. interview the top three, who needs it the most? who would you rather call at three in the morning with last minute concept changes on the look of this razor blade?
10. read a book on management skills so you will know how to talk to your potential employee, take a seminar, an 8 hour seminar can be a life savor.
11. take a deep breath, and choose an illustrator (after sleeping on it, the subconscious mind is your most important guide)
12. form a contract that outlines the project and the razor blade illustrator's participation and compensation. Clearly define in contract deliverables and deadlines.
13. Have contract lawyer review and certify the contract. Be sure the illustrator has his lawyer do the same.
14. Once razor blade drawing has arrived, hold secret panel to give critique and rate the razor drawing. Take feed back and notes, return these to the illustrator for revisions.
15. after revisions are made, then the razor blade drawing can be placed in the scene.
Though it seems like a lot, it is the difference between an amazing perfect razor blade and a "just okay" razor blade. If you are not willing to go through the process, you should ask yourself, "do I really want this?" Maybe you would be happier working at Target.
Monday, March 05, 2012
DROG/BLOG: CLOWN VERSUS MONKEY: Oh spirit! Away with the!: why must thy torment me soooooooo! -sd
Friday, March 02, 2012
Thursday, March 01, 2012
DROG/BLOG: CLOWN VERSUS MONKEY: the grooming habits of infect...: the next scene, more monkey business - SD