Search This Blog

Friday, December 03, 2021

Day Three Dry Spell

Day three of restarting this blog and already I am out of stuff to write about.

Taking the day off from my day job to sit down and focus on an editing project I am doing for a friend. It is all sound design stuff, which is not my strong suit, but the friend just wants something presentable to put on YouTube, so it doesn't have to be perfect. I am using it as an opportunity to try out the new tools on Premiere. So much has improved in the decade-plus since I last upgraded. Premiere can do all sorts of stuff these days. 

I should have gone legit years ago, but you know how scarcity thinking makes you cling to stuff. Why buy a new one when I got this old thing that is working almost fine? The truth is, it was not fine. My CS3 version of Premiere was ridiculously buggy and would crash constantly. I almost never get a crash with the new version. 

I hope to get at least half the sound done today.

What I have to do.

- Level set the dialogue.
- Add music
- smooth out the rough changes in ambient noise.
- add some sound effects.
- Mix the tracks.
- Add subtitles in scenes where I had to scrap all the sound.
- Color Correct
- Add end titles.

The deadline is to have it up on 12/21, so I need to give him the file on 12/20. That gives me 17 days. I would like to spend one full day on each of these steps, except for end titles. because those will be quick. Just a simple scroll.

FIGHT EVIL
Sam Drog

Clown Versus Monkey! Check It Out Here!

Buy Satanic Killer Chicken Here!

Watch Short Films Here!

No comments: