Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

UPTODAZZLERCISE!

Yeah, I said it.

Heres how a recent conversation with a distributor went:

Me I can get it to you as I can, masters and such costs some do rey mi.

Them I understand.

Me Once I knock off a few more liquor stores well be good to go.

Them (silence)

Me - Figuratively speaking of course.

Them (silence)

Me- Hello

Them - I hear nothing.

So maybe this isnt the kind of conversation they are looking for.

Maybe I need to wear my all growd up face.

Maybe I need to understand that this is a business.

People pay their bills doing this.

This isnt some fantasy play world.

This is an industry run off industrious types.

People who get stuff done.

People who dont take crap.

People who dont suffer fools cause fools live in their parents basement.

Stand up straight.

Tuck in your shirt.

Stiff upper lip.

Finish your meat or no pudding.

Writing a long synopsis, synch agreement in mail, Quality control report is expensive, copyright report is expensive, chain of title is something everyone knows what it is but not what it looks like or how to handle it.

In film school they teach you how to spend money on all the wrong things.

Man I love the GO/FLOW

SD


The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.

No comments: