Search This Blog

Saturday, December 04, 2004

The morning after

So last night we went to this party and yes, I had a good time despite sitting quietly in a corner and watching people. I feel good to fulfill that role, gives other people the freedom to just do what they do. There was another quiet type there and we talked computers and such. Yay! It was a good time and I got to see some folks I hadn't in a while.

But enough of that personal life crap, I finished two more minutes of rough cut yesterday. I think actually going to decaff has helped tremendously. My brain is so much more settled, when it isn't splitting open from the pain, and I get more writing done cause I am too exhausted to do anything else. I can type, anything else is too exerting.

But the two minutes cut yesterday dealt with the first death by chicken, and it was a lot of fun to do. The lighting is excellent, and the performances are interesting to watch.

What helped was that I imported only 15 minutes of footage and only worried about that. Usually I put in whole tapes and then slowly go through each one and I think it psyches me out seeing these hours of uncut footage on the hard drive. By going slower I actually went faster yesterday. Something to do with small achievable goals instead of big mammoth undertakings that just wear me out and frustrate me.

Today is all about Christmas and getting ready for it and buying presents. Tonight my wife S. and I are watching my nephew, who is 14 months old and a real handful. Cute, but at the stage where he craps like a man and not like a baby. Changing the diapers, whoa, it's intense.


No comments: