Search This Blog

Monday, March 02, 2015

BEST SHOT: Severed - 2001


Severed! I have a real soft spot in my heart for this movie. It was made for no money in a time before God gave us a seamless digital workflow. The same movie made today with the same budget would look like a Michael Bay production. Director Matt Green was the first grown ass man I met who still was on fire to make movies. Our little group of friends contributed ideas to the script and Matt ran off and made it. This was all before Atlanta became this big production hub. I think we had Robocop 3 and Freejack to brag on. Anyway, for zero dollars, the movie has a lot of ambition, most notably a midnight car chase through the streets of Atlanta that shows mucho guerrilla guts. Above is my favorite shot, a guy getting his head cut off by the killer's portable guillotine. 


FIGHT EVIL
Sam Drog

Clown Versus Monkey! Check It Out Here!

Buy Satanic Killer Chicken Here!

Watch Short Films Here!

No comments: