Search This Blog

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Best Shot: The Thing - 1982


Here is a new thing I want to do. I post my favorite shot from a movie, and write a few words on it. Above is my favorite shot from The Thing. I love the colors, I love the composition, with the noose center stage. I love the depth. Most of all I love what it says about the story. Wilford Brimley has by this point been assimilated into The Thing, and so it makes you wonder about how much is left of the person once taken over. When did he decide to kill himself, before of after his takeover? Or is the alien so intelligent it is all a plot to play on Russell's sympathy to get back into the camp?

FIGHT EVIL
Sam Drog

Clown Versus Monkey! Check It Out Here!

Buy Satanic Killer Chicken Here!

Watch Short Films Here!

No comments: