Search This Blog

Monday, March 25, 2019

30 Day Challenge: GameMaker Studio - Day 1

To clear my head of Clowns and Monkeys, I've decided to work 30 days on GameMaker Studio and see how far I get.

Episode 6 of CvM is up, and the goal is to finish it this year. but there are other things I want to mess with, and this software, I've cracked it open before but got distracted. So I'm going to working for the next 30 days and see if I can get a basic game out of it.

CvM did get me thinking about controlling the environment and possibly making a game version of one of the old stories I have laying around. It could be a new outlet. So here we go.

Today I did the first tutorial on YouTube.


It just showed me around but already I feel I understand the interface more this time out. The tutorial I tried a year ago wasn't as clear. This one starts very basically, which is where I am at.

What did I accomplish on this go around?

Well, I understand now what a room, sprite, object, and an instance is.

Room = Level
Sprite = Picture
Object = An element that exists in your gave with all its attributes detailed.
Instance = The object placed into the game.

And I drew this wiggling fetus sprite thing.




FIGHT EVIL
Sam Drog

Clown Versus Monkey! Check It Out Here!

Buy Satanic Killer Chicken Here!

Watch Short Films Here!

No comments: