Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Top Ten Directors from 2000 on up plus one!

Is there anyone out there that I think is awesome today? Someone who didn't make a name for themselves making 1970s horror films. Here's what I came up with....


1. Chan-wook Park - This guy can do no wrong, he is a super freak.


2. Ryƻhei Kitamura - Give me a Versus, Godzilla: Final Wars, Midnight Meat Train triple feature any day of the week. This man is a rock star!


3. Alexander Payne - Election and About Schmidt are awesome. I feel jealous when I watch his movies.


4. Edgar Wright - One of those super geniuses, hate him.


5. Joss Whedon - Didn't really care until last year. Buffy never got me. Firefly got me interested. Avengers blew my mind.


6. Hayao Miyazaki - The imagination rampage in this dude's movies is insane. It's an insult to call it anime.


7. Michel Gondry - Man, I hate this guy. Eternal Sunshine just made me too mad to think.


8. Paul Thomas Anderson - Sure, I couldn't make it through The Master, but if Punch Drunk Love was playing on an endless loop on my TV, that'd be okay.


9. Brad Anderson - he's had some recent missteps, maybe going too mainstream. But Session 9 is wonderful, and Transiberian i watched then watched it again right after. He's a tie with Scott Derrickson, who makes really pretty movies.

10. Neil Marshall - Doomsday was the best time at the movies. The Descent (original cut) is the ultimate. This man is the mega mega. I will follow him to HELL!

11. Jim Mickle - He makes quiet textured little movies. They have strong characters and powerful scares. Mulberrry Street had me up and cheering, and that doesn't happen too often.

No comments: