Search This Blog

Monday, February 06, 2012

Clown Versus Monkey: Masterplan #9

SO this morning started the master plan to finish this film. It has been the clicking time bomb in my mind, the nagging pink elephant that wakes me up in the middle of the night and berates me. I can use all sorts of reasonable excuses why the film has been delayed, but none of them allow me to sleep easier. So much has happened in life since I started the film. Again, you start the film as one person, and by the time it is finished, you are someone completely different who barely recognizes the person who started the process. I feel like I'm burying someone with each project, some former version of myself. Making a film sort of destroys you and makes you into someone different. At least it does for me, but my things take years to produce. It is probably me just getting older as I work on this stuff. It is sort of like purging and getting things out of your system so you can go about your life with out these little fixations coloring everything you see. 

Alas, here are the numbers:
48 total scenes
14 completed
34 scenes to go
7 easy
9 kinda tough
18 WTF was I thinking, am I a masochist, no really, why!!!!????

So the basic process is this, in basic order, with little stars showing the level of pain.
* 1. place the dialoge - this is done for all the scenes already (easy)
** 2. put characters on the time line - we have all the scenes logged, it is just dragging them over (kinda tough)
** 3. make motion loops for the characters (easy, time consuming)
* 4. place the backgrounds (soooo easy)
** 5. position the characters on the background (kind tough)
** 6. draw the props - 90% are drawn, I keep finding new ones to create (easy, time consuming)
** 7. animate the props (easy, fun, time consuming)
*** 8. chroma the monkeys and clowns (hard, time consuming)
*** 9. chroma the clown patterns (f'n hard, and f'n time consuming, what was I thinking?)
**** 10. making sure the characters kinda interact (really hard)
* 11. add sound effects (easy)
* 12. add music -all music is composed and ready (easy and fun)
** 13. make close ups (kinda tough)
*** 14. add any blood, guts, electricity, visual effect (kinda tough and time consuming)
** 15. compile into a movie - this will actually be the easy part, I'm just going for a visual flow. (kinda tough, time consuming)
*** 16. let it go (hard and time consuming)

So that is about 16 steps per scene, and depending on how many elements, it gets more complicated, the gigs build and the computer goes slower. But at least it seems like something I can do now. I just need to find a way to make the more painful parts (steps 8, 9, 10) less heavy in my mind.

So I'll say 15 steps (dialogue already edited), and so 15 * 34 = 510.

So if I do one step a day, it will only take me a year and a half to finish this. :)

I should have done this math a while ago.

FIGHT EVIL
SD


No comments: