Search This Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2011

10 Things You Must Know About Clown Versus Monkey

1. It's Halloween and the movie is finished!
2. Just kidding.
3. I did my traditional last week of October vacation and locked myself in a small room, ignored telephones, friends, family, and hygiene, and now I am please to announce that I am a whole half scene closer to being finished!
4. Note to self: This is not operating in mind time, but in sticky reality time. Clown Monkey Time goes by a lot faster then People Day Job Time.
5. I spent the week animating baby clowns in an aquarium.
6. Borrowing a new scanner that is like a wand I wave over the pictures and upload them, and then my computer crashes and I drive to Sonic and drink a Pumpkin Pie Milkshake and then fill the empty cup with tears and sadness.
7. I am seeing the film not as a film, but as a slow stream of visuals based on a them that will eventually be collected and arranged in a film and book. But it isn't about the traditional "finishing the movie" How boring. What the hell is a movie anyway? It is about the moments that condensate onto the idea. Like a cold bottle of coke. Coke = Clown Versus Monkey, Updates = wet glass, Finished movie = sponge bath.
8. This whole thing is sort of inspired by the terrible movie Speed Racer, where I sat there going "what a terrible movie" while simultaneously going, "what an awesome series of Trapper Keepers".
9. Look they still make Trapper Keepers. Maybe I can release this movie as a series of Trapper Keepers. http://www.mead.com/meadstore/catalog/category.jsp?categoryId=Trapper_Keeper_MEAD&pageName=catPage&rootCatId=Brands_MEAD&isSubCategory=true&catId=Trapper_Keeper_MEAD&isEqual=&prodId=&parentId=
10. To the true believers who have bought a copy of the movie, don't fall into despair and disillusionment yet, Clown Versus Monkey grows stronger by the day, and it's love for you with it.

BONUS - I had another "moment" uploading on YouTube, but it got chunked up, so it's coming, baby clowns in a collection aquarium coming soon.

No comments: